Since its dedication in 1989, Earl E.T. Smith Park has been a proud landmark in Palm Beach and a noteworthy illustration of the Preservation Foundation’s community-oriented goals. A beautiful tribute to Smith, a resident of Palm Beach for over 50 years, the park is an integral part of the area’s historic charm as it remains true to the Garden Club’s original plan for a town square dating back to 1929. Located directly across from town hall, the park’s charismatic architecture and lush landscaping provide a peaceful and tranquil escape for residents to truly enjoy.
Earl E.T. Smith was a respected civic and political leader whose government career was distinguished by appointments from four presidents. He served his country and community as US Ambassador to both Cuba and Switzerland, Mayor of Palm Beach and as the first Chairman of the Board of the Palm Beach Preservation Foundation. This park honors Smith’s legendary public works, his efforts to better be the lives of his fellow citizens and his passion for preserving the beauty of the city he loved – Palm Beach.